8 Hotels in 8 Years
November 5, 2014
Driving around Hollywood, you’ll probably notice that construction is going on everywhere. Many of these projects are brand new hotels, or rehabs of existing ones. Within the next 8 years, 8 new hotels will be coming online in downtown Hollywood, adding more than 1100 new rooms for visitors to choose from. We’ve covered a few of them already, but here now is a quick reference guide to 8 new Hollywood hotels that are expected to come online by the early 2020’s.
1. Kimpton Hotel (1800 Argyle at Yucca): Kimpton Hotels will be building a 225-room hotel with restaurant and meeting rooms.
2. Cahuenga Hotel (1525 Cahuenga Blvd between Selma and Sunset): PNK Investment Group is planning a 7-story, 55-room boutique hotel on the site of the former Certified Printers. It will also feature a rooftop pool deck, a bar and restaurant space. Groundbreaking scheduled for Fall, 2014 with a Grand Opening in Fall, 2015.
3. Dream Hollywood Hotel (6417 Selma Ave, between Cahuenga and Wilcox): Developer Five Chairs has broken ground on a 10-story, 182-room boutique hotel with a rooftop
4. Hollywood & Cahuenga (6381 Hollywood Blvd, on the corner of Cahuenga): The 1921 Security Bank Building will be transformed by SPBB, LLC into a 66-room boutique hotel with restaurant, rooftop pool, new retail and underground parking. Work to begin late 2014. (More information available here.)
5. Hollywood & Cherokee: CIM Group is planning a brand new 195-room, high-quality, mid-priced extended stay hotel with 24,000 sq ft of retail on the north east corner.
6. Mama Shelter (1541 Wilcox Ave between Selma and Sunset): A high-end European style 68-room hotel is planned with the renovation of the existing building. Also expected to have 5,000 sq ft of retail that might be a restaurant. Completion projected for 2014. Check out the brand’s website here for info on their locations in Paris, Marseille, Istanbul, Lyon, and Bordeaux.
7. Millennium Hollywood: When approved, this transformative mixed-use project will be constructed on two vacant parking lots adjacent to and across the street from the iconic Capitol Records Building. Comprising a total of 4.47 acres of land, the Millennium will include nearly 500 residential units, more than 200,000 of square feet of Class A office space and 200 luxury hotel rooms.
8. Vine Street Motel: The Vagabond Inn at 1133 Vine St will be demolished and replaced by a new five-story hotel with 112 rooms, 661 sq ft café, swimming pool, bike parking and 63 subterranean parking spaces.
Kim Sudhalter has worked with the Hollywood Entertainment District since its early years, helping to attract investment and revitalize the area. Originally from Europe and New York, she is an architecture and history buff who has a deep and abiding love for Hollywood and its past.