Let’s Address Measure S
January 20, 2017
An important discussion on Measure S will be led by Matthew Fienup, Executive Director of California Lutheran University’s Center for Economic Research and Forecasting (CERF) on February 1st at 6.30 pm. This discussion, which will take place at 6565 Sunset Blvd., will include a panel in support of and a panel opposed to Measure S and a Q&A with the audience.
Registration will begin at 6:30 p.m. with light refreshments and attendees will be able to fill out question cards for the panelists and Mr. Fienup. At 7:00 p.m., Mr. Fienup will begin the discussion with the panelists and at 7:45 p.m. there will be an audience Q&A until 8:30 p.m. Please join us for what is sure to be an insightful and interesting discussion as we address Measure S. Parking is available for $5 at the event venue as well as in the surrounding neighborhood.
The confirmed panelists* in support of Measure S will include:
- Mr. Jack Humphreville – Jack writes LA Watchdog for CityWatch. He is the president of the DWP Advocacy Committee, the Ratepayer Advocate for the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council, and a Neighborhood Council Budget Advocate.
- Mr. Dick Platkin – Dick is a former LA city planner who writes articles on planning issues for CityWatch. Dick has also recently been an adjunct instructor at USC and CSUN.
The confirmed panelists* opposed to Measure S will include:
- Mr. Luke Klipp –Luke is President of the Los Feliz Neighborhood Council and the founder of “Greater LA,” an online grassroots coalition. He founded “Happy Urbanists” and is the 2016 winner of the Deborah Murphy Advocate of this year’s “Streetsie” award.
- Ms. Kerry Morrison – Kerry was a mayoral appointee to the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) from 2011 to 2016, and served as chair in 2014-15. She serves on the Home for Good Business Task Force to End Homelessness, the board at The Center in Hollywood, and is a founder of Hollywood 4WRD.
- Ms. Alissa Walker – Alissa is currently the urbanism editor at Curbed and her writing has appeared regularly in Los Angeles Magazine, LA Weekly, Dwell, Fast Company, GOOD, Gizmodo, the New York Times, and the Los Angeles Times, as well as on the KCRW public radio show DnA: Design and Architecture.
*Views and opinions expressed are those of the individual and not their employer or the organization of which they are a part.